Wrexham Council officials are “proud” to be hosting North Wales Armed Forces Day again
THE date for this year’s North Wales Armed Forces Day in Wrexham has been announced.
Postponed due to last year’s pandemic, the organizers hope that there will be few restrictions on this major outdoor event.
They hope everyone can get together for a well-deserved free family outing on Saturday June 18.
The much-acclaimed “march” from the barracks to Llwyn Isaf, including the brass band, has already been confirmed.
Representatives from all three armed forces will march and will be accompanied by cadets and of course veterans from all over North Wales.
The Wrexham Council will provide further details over the next few months.
Cllr David Griffiths, Champion of the Armed Forces, said, “We will once again be proud and privileged to host this event as we thank our armed forces and their families for their service and sacrifice to ensure we all stay in our communities and enjoy the freedoms that they have given us over many years.
“The past two years have been extremely difficult for everyone and our military personnel have been asked to drive ambulances, set up test centers and, most recently, help the NHS. They have responded to these calls from civil authorities to assist and re-protect the communities they serve, and we will rightly recognize that continued service at the event.
“Thank you for your service. We look forward to welcoming former and current members of the armed forces and their families who will come to us on this day to offer an official and well-deserved thank you for your service.”
Ian Bancroft, Chief Executive of Wrexham Council, said, “This promises to be a truly enjoyable event that previously attracted a large crowd, all of whom enjoyed seeing our armed personnel and expressing their personal gratitude.
“We are still making arrangements for a large family event, but with Covid still with us, we will also look at Plan B in case we need to curtail the event due to crowd restrictions.”